I treat pain as a road map to the unwinding of trauma and habit… the opportunity to create limitless perspectives. Through specialized massage my clients are able to afford a healthy journey through life… lives full of wonder and tales of amazing experiences.Croft Castrell
Meet Croft Castrell
Croft’s intense desire to pursue more meaningful life goals, spend more time with his daughter, an athletic background in amateur competitive bodybuilding, masters swimming and Bikram yoga inspired him to finally achieve a 1350 hour Diploma in Advanced Neuromuscular Massage Therapy and Health Education (ANMT) with Honors from the National Holistic Institute (NHI.)
- His love of problem solving has developed from a career in public and private accounting.
- His therapeutic assessment, strategizing and execution skills have developed as a result of extensive sports massage experience with Stanford Athletics and also working with the 2015 Stanford Football and Wrestling teams and the 2014 Stanford Womens Gymnastic team.
- Core massage skills have been honed through hands-on 173 hours (a record at NHI) of training in pre-event, inter-event and post-event sports massage performed at numerous NHI sponsored sports massage events including the 2013 Nike Women’s Marathon in San Francisco, CA.
The specific techniques that he employs in any one clinical massage or rehabilitation massage session can vary from session to session depending on what is most appropriate and effective for his client.
Outside of ANMT, his technical foundations are rooted in:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Myofacial and Trigger Point Therapies
- Cross Fiber, Longitudinal Release, Deep Transverse Friction
- Positional Release
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Rocktape FMT Kinesiology Taping
- Técnica Gavilán Instrumented Soft Tissue Mobilization.
Croft attended Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada where he earned his Bachelors in Business Administration. He moved to the US from Bermuda in 1997 and traveled the country until finally landing in the Bay area in 2009.
Croft Castrell, BBA, CMT, ANMT (CAMTC ID:56806)
- Massage Therapy at: Castrell Neuromuscular Therapy in Los Gatos
- Chair and/or Table Massage at your Corporate and Private Functions
- Pre-Event, Post-Event and Intra-Event Sports Massage at Sporting Events
- Customized In-Home Massage Services in the City of Los Gatos